1. Listing content of an RPM file:
rpm -qpl package-version.rpm
2. Unpacking of an RPM archive:
rpm2cpio < myfile.rpm | cpio -i --make-directories
all contents of the RPM package will be extracted into the current directory creating relative path..
3. Installing an RPM package.
rpm -ivh package-version.rpm
4. Upgradinga an RPM package.
rpm -Uvh package-version.rpm
5. Listing installed packaged on your system:
This will list all packages installed via the RPM system.
6. Uninstalling RPM packages:
rpm -e package-version.rpm
7. Building RPM from source: